Thursday, August 31, 2017

Holding strong

So I'm 23 weeks today. I've gained about 10 lbs so far and look pregnant now, so people tell me.

My appointment this week was a little weird. Because I have to go in every week scheduling can get a little tricky. They double booked me with someone else, so I had a different ultrasound tech. She definitely didn't do things the way I've seen them in the past. She finished my cervical measurements. They were between 1.8-2.5. My doctor likes to take the average, but my specialist takes the shortest measurement. So that is a little bit shorter than the 2.2 I was the week before. 

When she went to measure my amniotic fluid, which I had to tell her needed to be done, she didn't do a very good job. Usually they will do what looks like cross hairs in each pocket of fluid giving them a volume index. She did some interesting things. Normally the tech will tell me what the number is before I meet with the doctor. I didn't even bother asking because I figured it wouldn't be accurate. When my doctor came in later, she said what I had been thinking. She didn't think the measurements were accurate, but based off the pictures there seemed to be plenty of fluid. I was a little unsure since the whole reason I'm coming in every week is to check this number. Hopefully next week, when I have someone more capable doing the ultrasound, everything will be fine. 

The medicine seems to keep my contractions under control for the most part. It worked pretty good my last pregnancy as well. So we will keep on this track until my fluid drops. I will be at 24 weeks at my next appointment, which is the first week of viability. At 23 weeks chances are between 25-30%. This jumps up to 50-70% for 24-25 weeks. Every week is a victory. 

I've been trying to keep busy with color books, reading, and netflix. Of course we still have "J" to entertain us during the day. My mom and dad have been a big help with him and things around the house. Happy eggplant week!
eggplant

No comments: